We began harvesting maple sap from trees at family homes in Connecticut and Vermont in 2001. We did this because we love maple syrup and wanted our kids to develop healthy connection with natural food and where it comes from.
After unthinkable tragedy struck our community in Sandy Hook, CT, we re-prioritized how we wanted to spend our time and energy. We decided to start Maple Craft Foods in 2014 to help make people smile and develop healthier connections with food, with nature and with each other, while also supporting survivors and volunteers working to make our communities safer and sweeter.
We still tap our own trees, but also use high quality, organic maple syrup supplied by friends who slow boil it traditionally, over an open flame, on a farm in Vermont, giving it its rich caramel color and robust taste. One taste of Maple Craft products will make you smile. But please do not take our word for it. Give it a try for yourself! -The Ackert Family
We strive to make it easy for all families to eat/feed/be healthier by replacing processed sweeteners and artificial flavorings with good stuff that grows in the woods on a farm. Simply put, our mission is to Make Life Sweet. Naturally™.
It is not possible to Make Life Sweet for everyone, unless everyone can first feel safe, secure, and equal. We believe that businesses, large and small, play a significant role in driving much needed social change. We do everything we can to model the type of corporate responsibility needed to drive positive change in our communities, making them safer and sweeter for all. At Maple Craft Foods, we do not measure success in terms of total sales, revenue, or profit. For us, success is measured by how much we can give back. Some of the ways we give back include:
Support for Family Farms
- We only source maple syrup from local family-owned farms, creating new markets and new uses for their crops.
- We pay above-market prices to ensure their success, while securing access to the very best product
Support for Non-profit and Volunteer Organizations
We are proud to work together with folks like you to help make life a little safer, and a little sweeter with every ounce of maple syrup that we sell.
- We package our products at a not-for-profit farm food processing center in Massachusetts, creating good jobs for hard-working people who otherwise face employment challenges
- We help school, scouting, sports, and other community volunteers raise critical funds via our Make Life Sweet Fundraising programs, donating up to 40% of sales to their organizations.
- We donate a portion of sales to gun violence victims, survivors, and prevention advocacy organizations, with a focus on young people and inner-city communities
- We donate as many healthier meal options to Food Banks as possible.
Sustainability - Visit our Sustainability Page which details our efforts to protect and repair Earth.