We've enjoyed many delicious pancakes over the years, but OMG....this Baked Pineapple Upside Down Pancake is THE BEST EVER, especially with our original Award-winning Bourbon Barrel Aged maple syrup - YUM! It smells and tastes even better than it looks! Everyone needs this in their life!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Slice a fresh pineapple - 1/2 inch slices that you cut in half
- Mix your favorite pancake batter. Enough for 8 servings. Maple Craft Buttermilk Pancake Mix works well. If you prefer scratch pancakes, here is a recipe that we like to use:
- Heat oven-safe pan on stove over medium heat. Cast iron works well.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter and add two tablespoons of Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup.
- Add pineapple in single layer. Heat on each side for about two minutes. You want to soften fruit a little, but not too much.
- Pour pancake batter into pan and heat for about two minutes to allow bottom to start to brown
- Transfer to center rack in over and bake for 5-10 mins until firm like a cake.
- Brush top with melted butter and return to oven for 2 more minutes so it can brown a little.
- Remove from oven and carefully flip it over onto a serving plate
- Serve with your favorite Maple Craft Syrup. Original Bourbon Barrel Aged is highly recommended
You can substitute other fruit for Pineapple too! Sliced apples, pears, peaches, berries, etc.. Enjoy!