- 1 1/4 cup Maple-Crafted Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, pecans and/or almonds
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup sugar - Maple sugar recommended
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish and then line bottom and sides with parchment paper. Spread the chopped nuts on a baking pan and toast for about 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant - do not burn! Cool completely.
In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the oats, sugars, seeds, salt, baking soda and toasted nuts. Stir in the melted butter gradually with a wooden spoon until the oat mixture is combined evenly.
Press two-thirds of the oat mixture in an even layer on the bottom of the lined baking dish and top with Maple-Crafted Cranberry Sauce. Sprinkle the the remaining oat mixture evenly on top.
Bake the for 40-45 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, until the top is golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool for several hours (or place in refrigerator) to cool completely. It will be easiest to cut when cool or cold. Cut into squares or bars and serve.
- Store in air tight container for up to a week