- 1 Challah sliced into 1 inch sticks, crust off
- 1 tbsp Maple Craft Syrup
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp melted butter, browned slightly
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 6 tbsp Maple Craft Syrup (Salted Caramel or Hot Honey recommended)
1) Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, whisk together syrup, milk, eggs, vanilla.
2) Add melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix thoroughly .
3) Dip each stick into the mixture, allow extra to drip off and place on the baking sheet.
4) Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake 10-15 minutes more or until golden brown.
5) While French toast sticks are baking, melt/brown the butter and mix cinnamon and maple sugar for coating in a bowl large enough to fit the churros.
6) Prepare maple sauce according to directions below.
7) When French toast sticks are baked, brush them with browned butter and dip them in the cinnamon& maple sugar mixture gently on each side.
Serve warm with Maple Craft Syrup or Maple Caramel Sauce
(Recipe inspired by and adapted from Half Baked Harvest)
Maple Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup Maple Craft Syrup (Salted Caramel or Hot Honey Recommended)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
1) Combine ingredients in a saucepan and stir while bringing to a boil
2) Reduce heat to medium low and continue boiling, stirring occassionaly, for 5-10 mins until it starts to thicken. It will continue to thicken as it cools
3) This mixture will boil high Watch it carefully and stir and/or lower heat as needed.
4) Serve over, or as a dip for French Toast Churros (and/or on top of ice cream, pancakes, cheesecake, and more!
(Recipe inspired by and adapted from The Spruce Eats)