MAPLE BALSAMIC GLAZED
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Craft Syrup
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Cut root ends off Brussels sprouts and remove any loose outer leaves. Slice in half.
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon over low to medium-low heat. Once the fat mostly liquefied, turn up the heat to medium-high and cook the bacon until caramelized and crunchy. Set aside to drain on a plate lined with paper towels, leaving 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in pan.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the skillet and caramelize them on one side. Add vinegar to pan and scrape up any brown bits and incorporate them with the Brussels sprouts. Continue to sauté the Brussels sprouts on high heat for a few minutes, swirling the pan, until they are tender. Add the bacon back to the pan along with Maple Craft syrup. Stir until sprouts are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.