STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
- 6 cups organic baby spinach
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Croutons (optional)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Maple Craft syrup
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper into a blender and pulse to combine. With the blender running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until the dressing is mixed well. Taste the dressing to make sure it doesn’t need to be seasoned further and set the dressing aside.
- In a large bowl, add the baby spinach and a few tablespoons of the dressing, tossing well.
- Plate the spinach and top with the strawberries, Gorgonzola cheese, avocado, red onions, pecans and croutons.
- Serve extra dressing on the side. Any leftover dressing can be stored in the refrigerator and used within three or four days.