MAPLE CRAFT GRANOLA
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (use gluten-free oats for gluten-free granola)
- 1 1/2 cup raw nuts and/or seeds (we like pecans and sunflower seeds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup olive oil, or melted coconut oil if you have it
- 1/2 cup Maple Craft Syrup (your favorite flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dried fruit, chopped up if large
- Optional mix-ins include 1/2 cup chocolate chips or coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- Pour in the oil, Maple Craft Syrup and vanilla. Mix well, until everything is lightly coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer. Bake until golden, about 21 to 23 minutes, stirring halfway. The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
- Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed, before breaking it into pieces and stirring in the dried fruit (and optional mix-ins). Store the granola in an airtight container in the pantry for 1 to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.